Most Samsung models display the message “SIM unlock PIN” or “Enter network lock control key” when a SIM Card is inserted into the phone from another network other than the original network provider. And there is also a designated field where you enter the code. Get Samsung unlock code here.
Instructions for entering the network unlock code for Samsung:
1 step – Power off the phone.
2 step – Insert another carrier SIM Card into the device.
3 step – Power on the phone.
4 step – Wait for the phone to display the “SIM Network Unlock PIN” or “Enter Network Lock Control Key” screen.
5 step – Enter the Unlock Code and press UNLOCK.
6 step – If successful the device will display “Network unlock successful”.
But what should do if Samsung doesn’t ask for an unlock code? If your Samsung does not ask for an unlock code, here are some methods that can be used in order to make the “SIM Network Unlock PIN” message to be displayed.
- Go to the dial screen and press #7465625*638#
- It will ask for the unlock code.
- Enter the 8 digit Samsung network unlock code (CODE is the Unlock Code we sent you).
- Turn off your Samsung.
- Insert the SIM Card from a different carrier.
- Turn on the phone.
- Type Defreeze code (if it doesn’t ask for the code then open the dialer and type Defreeze and then press SEND).
- You will get an alert about an unsuccessful messaging attempt, don’t worry, it is meant to happen. It will disable the phone freeze and the Network Lock Screen will be visible to you.
- Type the unlock codes and the device will be unlocked.
- Go to the dial screen.
- Type: #0111*CODE# (CODE is the Unlock Code we sent you).
- Use this method without the SIM Card or with the original SIM Card.
- Type #7465625*638*CODE# (CODE is the Unlock Code we sent you).
- After entering this code, the screen will show that the phone is deactivated, means its unlocked.